Monday, May 25, 2009

Tools of the Trade

Since I was a kid I have often kept a notebook with me to write down things that happened so I wouldn't forget, I am a storyteller and this blog is my way to develop that part of my personality. I have a wonderful leather bound notebook that a wonderful friend gave me for Stepmother's Day, it came in a care package that she mailed from the UAE. Since receveing it I have carried it in my handbag everywhere I go. Before that I had a small 3 inch notebook, I often still use this one because it is easy to carry when I am not carring a purse, it fits in my pocket nicely. Rarely I will find myself without a notebook in a situation that is so overwhelming that I feel like I have to write down what is going on for future blog enteries. In these situations I try to find anything to write on. I have things written on the back of a junk mail envelope, on napkins that I accidently washed in my pocket and lost that story. Last night we went out to a karaoke bar, I had only brought a small clutch so there was no room for a notebook. Honestly I didn't think anything interesting would happen, boy oh boy was I wrong! I have 3 or 4 "song request" slips from the karaoke bar. I just jotted down small tidbits and as fast as I could write another character would cause a scene. I will fully describe everything for you guys once I have had a chance to descipher all my chicken scratched notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment