Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Rapscallion

So yesterday I wrote about how meeting the kidlet changed my life, today I thought I would let you get to know him a little more, since he is staying home from school sick.

He is 7 going on 23, we wear the same shoe size and recently he has discovered the joys of wearing boxer shorts. This last one has lead to many more discussions about underwear than I ever thought I needed to have. He watches Sports Center in hopes that he will learn how to defeat whatever team he playing during football or baseball. I haven't had the heart to tell him they aren't talking about the Las Vegas Raiders. He is overly opinionated and is often convinced that he knows how to fix whatever issues his dad and I may be dealing with, I can hear my mom laughing now, apparently this was one of my endearing traits as a child. He is a worrier and often needs reassurance that everything will be ok, most of all he worries about his mother and his sister.

He is just learning sarcasms, he has a very simple sense of humor, if it is potty humor he likes it. No matter how angry he is about something if I make a fart joke he will laugh. He is his fathers shadow and anything his dad says is law. I spent the better part of the morning trying to convince him that he couldn't go to school today, he has a croupy-type cough and while I know it is allergies I don't think the school would appreciate me sending a wheezing, sneezing kid to school amidst fears of killer-flu's. Once his dad got on the phone and told him no he was content to go lay in my bed and watch cartoons.

He is a Scorpio, he has smelly feet and he lies about brushing his teeth. He is learning to be conscientious about the environment and will eat almost anything put in front of him from hot dogs on white bread to quinoa with edamame. I am blessed to watch him grow, while I know things will always be a little different because I am not his biological parent, I would challenge anyone who says I do not love him and that his life has not been enriched because of that extra love.

No comments:

Post a Comment