Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hippie Trippy Bag Lady Chic

In some recent drama with Bio-Mom she expressed to Dear Hubby that she could not see why he was in a relationship with me because he "is not a hippie" implying that I am a hippie. Instead of letting this little jab get under my skin, I have decided to wear it like a badge of honor. I have been working hard to help my family eat more organic, I am trying to teach the rapscallion the importance of recycling and I recently changed my skin care routine to mostly natural products because I find them less irritating. I know Bio-Mom based her comments on a conversation she and I had earlier about my desire to try to eat more locally and not because of anything I do that could be construed as counter-culture hippie-movement.
This little jibe has become a joke in my house, everything is because I am a hippie. Tonight Dear Hubby picked me up from the house after he got off work because I had library books I needed to return and since it was 95 degrees outside I wanted to drive in his air-conditioned truck, not my crap-mobile, very un-hippie. I had my purse with me which is a tote bag filled with everything I could possible think I would ever need with a 7 year old and a husband. I also had a reusable grocery bag, it was holding the library books and some empty water bottles I planned to go fill at my parents house later that evening. Here I should mention that today I wore a "bohemian" skirt and tank top today.
When I got into the car I could tell Dear Hubby was laughing at me, "cute hippie or crazy old lady" I asked him about my look. "Crazy bag lady, but it isn't how you look, it is what you have inside those bags" he was referring to the empty water bottles, one of which, thought now would be a great time to fall out of the truck, thus confirming my crazy-bag-lady look.
I am apparently a few cats short of crazy-cat-bag-lady and that kids does not make me a hippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment