Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Bestowed Honor

I have been awarded the opportunity to share 7 things about myself with you from Amy I didn't know awards came with homework and this one sounds eerily familiar to one of those chain letter text messages but since I heart her I will play along.


#1. I was home schooled from the time I was in 2nd grade until I went into Jr. High. Homeschooling was great and I got to know alot of people from very different backgrounds. We met once a week with a homeschooling group so we could get socialization, we would work on group projects and go on field trips. The worse series was learning about decomposition, it involved burying trash in a stocking and digging it up each week to see how everything was decomposing. After that we took a field trip to the city dump, first we visited the collection facility where we discovered they spray the trash everyday with a different scent to cover the stench. Mondays were apple, Tuesday was grape, Wednesdays were orange, and so on throughout the week. In the collection facility it worked, a little. Then we headed to the main dump where I discovered that fruit scented trash smells even worse when you combine all the fruit smells and leave it outside in the 110 degree Las Vegas heat.


#2. I have two different colored eyes, it is called heterochromia. Mine is the result of an eye surgery I had when I was 7 to have a cataract removed from my right eye. The injury to the eye caused my eye to change colors. My left eye is blue and my right eye is green. Depending on what I am wearing and how much eye makeup I have on it can seem very drastic. Kate Bosworth, David Bowie, Jane Seymour, Kiefer Sutherland, Christopher Walken, Dan Ackroyd and Mila Kunis are some celebrities that also have heterochromia.


#3. I collect owls because I feel like you have to have something you collect. It makes gift giving easier for those around you and if you don't specify what you collect you are the gift giving mercy of those around you. I picked owls because I kept getting cat stuff, I love cats and Cat Butt but I am working hard against the idea that I will become a crazy cat lady when I get older. Owls also fit into my favorite decorating scheme, which is things your grandma would have liked.



#4. I didn't like my best friend when I first met her, we were 15 and my parents had just started going to a new church. Most of the kids were friendly but they were all "cowboys" when I met Bean she was this tall, blue-eyed, blond dressed completely preppy. I thought she was lame and later I found out she thought I was freak. That picture was taken the first day we attended the new church. I was wearing green crochet thigh-high fishnets with ripped black tights underneath. My hair was fire engine red and I know I was wearing combat boots.

In the beginning of my Sophomore year in High School I got into a fight with a girl a good foot taller than me, I was suspended and that evening I went to church with my parents. Something was mentioned about the fight and Bean asked who I got into the fight with, turns out she didn't like the girl either. We have been friends for 15 years now, she is best friend a girl could ask for. I am truly lucky to have her in my life.


#5. When I was a kid I read a set of Encyclopedias, it was the World Book. A few years ago I read a set of Funk and Wagnall encyclopedias that Bio Mom's mom gave me and I am gearing up to read a set of Encyclopedia Britannica that I rescued from the trash men. I am a store of useless knowledge.


#6. I am a dumpster diver and I love to thrift store shop, I am prouder of the things I have that have been rescued, found and redone than I am of the few things I have that were purchased. I love items that have a story to tell. I like things that are interesting and it is huge thing to me to not appear like everyone else. I pride myself on my individuality, I am not like everyone else but I like who I am.


#7. I am very insecure about my writting, I am very insecure about alot of things but especially about my writting and this blog. I never know from day to day if I want everyone to read it or if I want to hide it but ultimately I continue to write because I feel like I have to challenge myself to express who I am and not to hide away from the world.

So now I bestow the honor of this award on to:








and


1 comment: