Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Distance and Perspective

I haven't written and alot has happened but I needed to gain distance and perspective before I could post. After leaving a friends house two weeks ago Thursday night I ended up hitting a median when my water bottle spilled. I was not aware at that moment but I had busted a hole in my oil pan. I kept driving and about a mile up the street the car started making a weird noise, I pulled over off the road and then the engine seized. Did I mention that it was 1 in the morning? Did I also mention that I was in an area of town that I don't want to be stranded in at one in the morning? I called my dear husband who came to pick me up. While he was driving us home at 2 in the morning he was pulled over for a speeding ticket.

So now my life is a battle with the insurance company, they don't want to cover the damage because they say I left the scene of the accident, remember I didn't know I had damaged the car this badly. I feel insanely terrible about this, I just don't have luck with cars. If the insurance company won't pay for the damage I am afraid that we will not be able to afford to repair the car. The car isn't paid off yet, I feel sick just typing this and thinking about the potential damage to our already shaky credit score.

My anxiety has been through the roof this last week, my husband and I have been at each others throats fighting about the most inane things because of the stress. Last week it seemed like every day was another drama or another stress added to the pile. I physically didn't know how much more I could handle.

During all of this I had my Weight Watchers meeting last Thursday, I only gained a pound. Not too bad since I was not tracking my points the way I should have been. I have moved up a notch on belt. I have been feeling a little under the weather but I think that is mostly leftover stress.

The biggest issue from all this is learning that I maybe share too much information about myself with too many people, who then feel the need to tell me how they believe I should be living my life. It is so silly but too often I still feel like a child when I talk to my parents, I guess I am still seeking their approval when I should be concentrating on my life and my family. I guess I need a little distance and perspective on that before I can post on that topic further.

2 comments:

  1. I've also been one to do "life by committee." When I broke up with DP last summer there were a lot of things he had to change to be with me, but one thing I changed was to stop doing things that way. It's one thing to talk to people who will just support you, and confide in a few friends. But I know exactly what you mean about sharing with people and receiving guidelines from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk too much too. I'm an oversharer (But I think people with blogs generally are ;) )

    I hope your insurance company gets it straight - (how can you have left the scene of the accident when you didn't need to call the police because there was no one else involved and it wasn't a big accident type of thing? I'd argue that one. Seriously. Grr.)

    ReplyDelete