Friday, January 22, 2010

2 Girls 1 Dental Cup


I can see a scary future for the time being, if you don't want to listen to me prattle on about Dental Vocabulary you may not want to start a conversation with me any time during the next few weeks because right now I have a one track mind and that one track is playing all dental hits, all the time!


Classes for my Dental Assisting program started Tuesday. I was 30 minutes late to class because of the torrential rainfall that Las Vegas has had recently, again another semester with me impressing the Professor right off the bat, at least this time I didn't also point out that she wasn't wearing matching shoes.


Today I heard a story that I am not sure if it grosses me out completely or makes me completely weirded out that I am not scared off by it. One of the students who is ahead of me and already completing her internship at the dental clinic was talking about assisting when a badly infected and abscessed tooth was extracted. She was describing the putrid smell and how it was her job as the assistant to hydrate and suction out the area, she said afterwards she couldn't get the smell off her tools fast enough. When relating this story to my SMIL, I just expressed the hope that if I am ever in that position that I won't vomit into the patients mouth, no thought of changing majors, just the hope that I never puke in someones mouth.


I guess I found my calling.

4 comments:

  1. LOL - I'm hoping you don't vomit in someone's mouth too. :) Glad to hear you are "jumping right in" and already immersed in vocab. You are going to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. muahahaha this made me giggle!! if you were assisting my dentist id be more likely to throw up on you! (i have a REALLY sensitive gag reflex and have been sick on more than one assistant who didnt take the air/water thing out my mouth fast enough!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 girls, 1 cup...and the sequel, 3 girls and a basket of muffins...weird, I know!

    ReplyDelete