Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Night Owl Audtioning for Part of Early Bird


I am a night-owl who would like nothing better than to be an early bird. I am not ashamed of my night-owl tendencies but it is inconvenient when you live in a house full of early risers. Both Dear Hubby and The Rapscallion love to greet the dawn, while the only one who wants to hit the snooze and hide under the covers with me is Cat Butt.

My boys love to go outside and be active, I love to cuddle up and read a book but somehow we have to find a common ground and that common ground is me looking for ways to become a more pleasant early riser.

I have worked very hard on myself in the last few weeks. I am enrolled in college, attending an English class. I have lost a little over 7 pounds by eating well and walking Puppy Butt. I have gone to the Doctor to discuss how I was feeling out of control, depressed and frustrated. After some discussion and research Doctor and I agree that I have most likely suffered from ADHD-I most of life. I fought the insurance company who told me that the drug prescribed by my doctor was not going to be covered for me since I was over the age of 20. We have compromised with what I feel is an inferior drug just to start. I am only on my second day of these meds, we will see how they go, and I can already tell you that the dosage is too low.

Next step on the challenge is to start trying to wake up earlier and spend more time outside. I would like to enjoy hiking, biking and camping more than I do. I know I would enjoy hiking more if I brought my camera/got a better camera so I could take pictures. I enjoy biking but I am such a slow rider I feel like I hold Dear Hubby back, I guess as I get into better physical shape that will become easier and as I start enjoying morning time more camping could be more enjoyable.
Saturday is my first hike, I will bring my camera and let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment