Monday, July 20, 2009

One Hot Weekend

Dear Hubby and I took a quick trip to San Diego for the weekend, we were able to meet up with a few friends and just basically relax. We spent loads of time just sitting on the beach and watching the waves. We swam in the ocean for a little while and tried body surfing, Dear Hubby was more successful than I was, I just ended up with alot of seawater in my nose. We took our bikes and once we had parked in front of friends house we just rode them, my favorite moment of the weekend was riding back to the Pacific Beach area from the Mission Beach area at 1 in the morning after we met up with my friend Terri. We rode along the boardwalk and while it was packed during the day it was pretty deserted in the middle of the night. I could hear the sounds of the ocean as I rode, it was pretty perfect. The weather in San Diego was balmy and perfect, it was 111f officially here in Las Vegas on Thursday, which means on my side of town it reached like 117f. I was so happy to be out of the heat and I love the humidity and weather on the beach.

Since things in my life have to have balance, you know something bad had to happen. On our way back into Las Vegas Dear Hubby heard a noise and pulled over, he thought maybe we had a flat tire, it turned out to be the wheel bearing. He thought we could creep the truck back into town, we got off the freeway at the first exit when another truck flagged us down to let us know that our wheel was now on FIRE!

Apparently when the bearing failed it caused a metal on metal situation, the friction caused the metal to become so hot that our hub cab caught on fire. We put it out quickly and as of right now it doesn't look like the fire caused any additional damage. We had to have the truck towed to a mechanic.

All and all an ending to a wonderful weekend that could have only happened to me, no flat tires for this girl, nope I get tire fire.

Since I was out of town I didn't have a chance to officially link to the guest blog I submitted for my friend AmyK, check it out and then stay around to hear about her life with her Dear Hubby and her step-daughter, the Kidlet.
http://ithenshalllive.blogspot.com/2009/07/stepmom-confessions-guest-stepmom-amber.html

No comments:

Post a Comment